Joomla 5.0 Beta 2 is now ready for testing, and the Joomla Project is delighted to make it available. Joomla! 5.x is the latest version that builds upon the strengths of Joomla 4.x and elevates it to new heights. It aims to enhance the speed, accessibility, security, and extensibility of Joomla while also making it more personalized to your needs.
The Beta releases of Joomla 5.0 serve two primary purposes. Firstly, they provide a foundation for developers to test their extensions and identify any problems ahead of the final release. Secondly, they allow users to explore the latest features of the platform. To learn more about potential backward compatibility issues in version 5.0, please refer to the relevant section on the documentation site.
What’s new in Joomla 5.0 Beta 2?
- More than 100 pull requests with improvements have been merged since beta1
- New dialog design improvements
- Design improvements on dark mode for atum
- Many improvements in cleanup and readability for the source code
- Minimum nodejs version increased to 18.0
- Workaround updating issues for System plugins using deprecated classes
- Removed Wincache Support
- All changes from 4.4
- Stabilization & Cleanup